Program of General Caregiver Support Services (PGCSS)
The Program of General Caregiver Support Services (PGCSS) provides resources, education, and support to caregivers of Veterans. The Veteran does not need to have a service-connected condition, for which the caregiver is needed, and may have served during any era.
Caregivers who enroll in PGCSS have access to education and training, including courses at local VA medical centers (VAMCs). In addition, caregivers can participate in support services and take advantage of VA home and community-based care.
Steps for Enrollment
– Contact the VA Caregiver Support Line (CSL) for a referral or your local Caregiver Support Coordinator (CSC) directly.
– Complete a brief intake process.
– Caregivers can find their local CSC for enrollment by using this locator tool.
– The VA Caregiver Support Line (CSL) can also assist with PGCSS enrollment at 1-855-260-3274 (Toll Free Monday– Friday 8am to 10pm EST & Saturdays 8am-5pm.)
– If eligible, enroll in services that meet your needs.